Monday, June 6

Cooking Club! Yes! You want it!

Hello my cooking chums,
     I have been thinking about delicious food, and how much I love it, and sharing it.  I think we should start a cooking club of sorts.  Each week, one of us will share a recipe that they made that turned out delicious.  Then we will rotate, and someone else will share a recipe the next week, and so on.  It can be anything; side dish, soup, snack, beverage, main meal, whatever.  I think it would be fun, and a good way to try new recipes.  I'll start.
   I made soup, yummy blackbean soup today, very filling and good for you.
Ingredients:
2 cans blackbeans
1 can diced tomatoes (I used kroger brand Fire Roasted tomatoes, they have a spicy kick and I love them.  And they're cheap.)
1 c. chicken broth (vegetable broth can be substituted, or even water, but soup will be blander)
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp. dried cilantro, 1 Tbsp if using fresh.
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper
3 squirts hot sauce (can be omitted)
1 avocado
2 Tbsp sour cream
1. Rinse and drain 1 can of the blackbeans.  Place in a food processer (Ninja!) or blender, along with the garlic cloves, cilantro, cumin, cayenne pepper, lime juice, hot sauce, and about a quarter of the chicken broth.  Blend until smooth.
2. Place blackbean mixture into a large sauce pan, put on medium heat.  Add the rest of the chicken broth, mix. 
3. Rinse and drain other can of blackbeans, add whole beans to soup.  Open can of tomatoes, add to soup.  Drain tomatoes if using diced, use whole can if using fire roasted tomatoes.  Mix, heat until desirable level.
4. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and sliced avocado on top.
Serves 2 with leftovers for lunch.  Whole process takes about 15 minutes.
So, do you think this will be fun?  Plus, we can get reviews if other people make your recipe.  Any volunteers on who wants to go next?  Maybe we can make an order in which to go.  Let me know! 
-Katie, level 5 Kitchen Master

2 comments:

  1. Katie- this soup was created for me. You (not so fortunately) know how much I LOVE black beans. ;) Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already made this once, and I can' wait to make it again and again and again and again and... well you get the picture. Thanks for sharing, Kate!

    ReplyDelete