Thursday, June 16

Black Bean Salad

This is one of my favorite salad recipes... I hope you enjoy!!


Black Bean Salad



Ingredients
1 (15 oz) can of black beans, rinsed, and drained
1 1/2 cups frozen corn, defrosted (I use 1 can of corn, drained)
1/2 cup chopped green onions or shallots
2 fresh jalapeƱo peppers, seeded and minced (I used serano chilis)
3 fresh plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
2 Tbsp lime juice (about the amount of juice from one lime)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 to 1 teaspoon of sugar (to taste)
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Make sure to rinse and drain the beans, if you are using canned beans.
In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, onions, jalapeno chile peppers, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, basil, lime juice and olive oil. Add sugar and salt and pepper to taste. (The sugar will help balance the acidity from the tomatoes and lime juice.) Chill before serving.

Serves 6 to 8.

2 comments:

  1. That picture looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering. Any chance you'll invite me over for dinner next time you make this?

    ReplyDelete